- Lessons fees are invoiced at the beginning of the each month for the upcoming month.
- Payments can be made with cash, check, or online by credit card or through PayPal.
- Event registration fees and new books will be added to the next monthly invoice.
- Students should expect a yearly increase in lesson rates appropriate to cost of living increases and/or expansion of services offered.
- All students are assigned a regular day and time for their lesson. Students and parents are asked to respect the schedule once a regular lesson time is arranged.
- If a student’s schedule changes mid-year and they can no longer keep their regularly scheduled time, please contact me immediately to request a permanent change in lesson times.
- Major National Holidays will be observed and the studio will be closed on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and during the week of Christmas.
- Weekly attendance is expected from all students.
- If a student is late for a lesson, they will only be taught for their remaining lesson time.
- Students are expected to come prepared for their lesson with all assigned materials.
A parent must attend lessons with younger children and is responsible for the supervision of their child at all times. Parents should understand that I cannot be held responsible for accidents or injuries which occur at the studio. I am unable to invite siblings or friends of students into the studio on a regular basis. During lessons, additional visitors can distract the student, the parent, and me.
I will make every effort to provide students with at least 24 hours notice if I need to cancel or reschedule a lesson. Monthly lesson fees are based on a 48-lesson per year schedule. The studio will be on break for up to 4 weeks per year for vacation, professional development, or illness. If, for any reason, the number of lessons that I cancel for Teacher Absence within a calendar year exceeds 4, any additional cancellations will be deducted from the monthly lesson fee.
- There are no refunds if you miss or cancel a lesson. Please let me know as soon as possible if a lesson must be cancelled for any reason.
- Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, for any reason other than illness, will not be rescheduled.
- Lessons cancelled with more than 24 hours notice may be rescheduled if my schedule permits. In the event of an illness, the lesson may also be rescheduled if my schedule permits.
- If a student needs to take an extended break from lessons but wishes to hold a lesson slot in the studio for when they return, a studio fee equaling half of the monthly lesson fee will be charged.
- Each time a referred student enrolls in my studio, the referring student will receive a credit for two free lessons toward their next monthly payment.
The annual recitals and other performance opportunities are a chance for students to experience performing in a formal environment. For this reason, students are encouraged to dress appropriately for the occasion.
- Males should wear slacks and a collared shirt. Jacket and tie are optional.
- Females should wear a dress or dress slacks. As some performances may take place on a raised stage, it is recommended that any skirts or dresses be knee-length.
The decision to stop taking lessons should be made with careful consideration, ideally after discussion between the teacher, student, and parent.
- Please notify me 30 days prior to discontinuing lessons so lessons can be ended in a positive manner.
- If a student chooses to end lessons with less than 30 days notice, no refunds will be issued and the student will be billed for one month's lesson fees.
I reserve the right to discontinue a student's lessons at any time if they have excessive unpaid lesson fees, demonstrate an ongoing lack of preparedness for lessons or show no interest in continuing to study piano, or regularly exhibit severe behavioral issues that the parent is unable to control.